Jesus heal: Luke 5:17, ” And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and Doctors of the law sitting by, which came out of every town in Galilee, and Judea and Jerusalem and the power of the Lord was present to heal them.”
One of the greatest Pentecostal truths that have changed so many lives and that has won so many converts is the fact that Jesus is a healer. It is said that sometimes somebody is looking for healing but he doesn’t want the healer, but when you see the healer, you get healed. It has changed so many things.
Wherever He is invited to do so and people are ready to move in faith, He would move in their midst and cause healing to happen.
We are the ones that have the problem, nothing. The power is available, He does not change. More than any other method the healing power of the gospel has won many souls and I am happy to announce to you these eternal words.
Jer. 32:27, Behold, I am the Lord the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for me?
Mal. 3:6, For I am the Lord I change not, therefore, ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Heb. 13:8, Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever.
So we are serving the God of yesterday and today and forever. The healing power has already been released to heal heart diseases, diabetes, cancer, to remove the evil growth, to remove evil tumours, to open blind eyes, to restore hearing, to cause the lame to walk.
There is no sickness or disease, physical or mental affliction that God cannot heal. So God’s divine healing power through the Lord Jesus Christ is unlimited. The person that has the final say in anybody’s health condition is the Lord Jesus Christ.
I’ve come to understand these important truths for myself that:
A. God does not want us to be sick, why? A person who is sick is less useful to Him. You cannot stand and be preaching the gospel when the person is on the sick bed in the hospital, some doctors would be looking at you from the top of their glasses. So it doesn’t pay God for somebody to be sick.
B. God can do anything and the age of miracles has not passed away.
C. That our faith severely limits God’s actions.
Now confess these scriptures to yourself- Exodus 15:26, Deuteronomy 7:15, Psalm 103:1-3, Proverbs 4:20-22, Isaiah 53:5, Jeremiah 30:17, Malachi 4:2, Matthew 15:26; 8:17, 1 Peter 2:24, 3 John 2.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO RECEIVING HEALING?
1. To hear and believe the word of God which says, ‘ you can be healed’.
2. Have a desire to get well.
WHAT ARE THE HINDRANCES TO HEALING?
1. Unconfessed sin. Psalm 31:10, 32:5.
2. Anger. Job 5:2, 18:4. Resentment and anger towards God because you feel He is unfair or your parents if you discover the disease is inherited or others because they are okay and well.
3. Wrong attitude.
4. Jealousy. The reason you want to be healed may be you want to be better than somebody else.
5. Unforgiving spirit.
6. Marital quarrels make sicknesses to stay in place. Wrong motives for wanting the healing will shut God out of the situation.
7. Demonic healing. Going for demonic healing or demonic assistance.
8. Unbelief. Hebrews 3:12
WHAT TO BELIEVE AS FAR AS HEALING IS CONCERNED:
1. God is able to heal you no matter what the situation is.
2. God is willing to heal you.
3. You must expect the evidence. Apply action to your faith, faith without works is dead. Expect something to happen, don’t just sit there passively and you don’t do anything. Reach out for your healing and God will touch you with his power.
Lord Jesus heal me so that I will be healed in Jesus name
Jesus Christ great physician, make me whole in Jesus name