Why Worry When You Can Pray

Why Worry When You Can Pray,
“Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”

A songwriter wrote this song that inspires me a lot whenever I am worried;

Why worry when you can pray?
trust in Jesus, and He’ll lead the way
don’t be a doubting Thomas
just lean upon the promise
why worry, worry, worry
when you can pray?

Also Read: Destructive Desire: A Case Study Of Reuben And Samson

Pray fervently, there is no problem too great, hard or difficult, that prayer cannot solve. That problem you are worried about only needs prayer.

In Exodus 17:8, there was a war between the Amalekites and the Israelites. The physical war was going on but Moses knew that the physical is the product of the spiritual, so he fought spiritually.

As the battle continued, his hands which were lifted up became weak, and the enemy prevailed but when his hands were strengthened, the Israelites won ( Exodus 17:11).

Likewise, when you as a Christian, when you are praying, you will prevail in all your situation but immediately you allow your hand to be weak through worry or discouragement, and you close your mouth that you cannot speak to God concerning that situation confronting you, the Amalekites of your life will be favoured and they will prevail against you.

Moses was praying while Joshua was fighting in prayer for total victory. He discovered that he must keep his hands stretched to heaven in prayer for total victory. He discovered that God’s prevailing power is released through prayer and that this power is released into the lives of those who pray.

It has been suggested by some that 95% of the things we worry about never happen, and the other 5% are things over which we have absolutely no control.

So, why worry? Especially so for the child of God. if you can pray, why worry when you have the weapon of prayer? You can still prevail.
PRAYER
1. Every power of worry and discouragement working against my prayer life, in the name of Jesus.

1 thought on “

Why Worry When You Can Pray

Leave a Reply