What is water baptism?
This simply means the immersion of a person in the water in the name of the Trinity.
Why must water baptism take place?
The bible says whosoever believes and is baptise shall be saved What it mean that when you believe it greater things will happen to you.
John the baptist objected to baptise Jesus but the response of Jesus showed the significance of it, saying it now for it is important to fulfil all righteousness Mathew 3:13-15
Also Read: Symbolic Meanings Of The Human Hand
Why should we undergo baptism
- It is a commandment if we are to be redeemed totally.
- Christ Himself underwent water baptism Matthew 3:13-17, and since He is the author and finisher of our faith, then we need to follow the steps of Christ through redemption. 1 Peter 2:21.
Three Benefits to enjoy when you partake in it.
(1) It empowers us to walk in the newness of life Romans 6:4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death.
(2) It destroys the dominion of sin in our live.Romans 6:14
(3) It a medium for divers miracles, signs, and wonders-John5:1-5, 2 kings 5:9-28. John 9:1-8
Through it, were all manner of sickness, blindness, diseases including Naaman leprosy were destroyed.
So, it is not something one needs to joke with it is essentially important for every born again Christian when you are baptised heaven we recognise and call you by name
Now, not everyone qualifies or can partake in water baptism. It is for those who have repented and accepted Christ totally, who are redeemed by the blood. By it, we reflect the image of God in Christ.